Pages

Monday, October 6, 2008

It’s a bird. It’s a plane. It’s a… taxi???

Helloooo, Our Shiputzim fans!

The girls and I took a taxi home from the ברית yesterday.

Later that afternoon, ENG said to me, “A taxi is really a car. Right, Imma?”

I agreed that a taxi is, indeed, a car.

She then confided that when I had told her that we were going to be taking a taxi home, she didn’t really know what that meant.

“I thought it was maybe like an airplane. Like a kind of helicopter or something like that…”

Previous examples of ENG-isms can be found here and here.

===========

And in renovation news, the carpenter put up the tiles on the baseboard of the new cabinet in the upstairs bathroom yesterday. He still has to return to add the grout (i.e. rubba for the Hebraically-oriented among you) and the two inside shelves. As you may have guessed, he told us that he’ll be back tomorrow

Meanwhile, all the new hardware has been installed. I’ve submitted a request for suitable pictures to the Photography Department and will try and post them as soon as they become available.

===========

And on that note, good evening from the entire Our Shiputzim staff.

2 comments:

  1. “I thought it was maybe like an airplane. Like a kind of helicopter or something like that…”

    I guess she was disappointed!
    what a shame
    maybe next time

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess she was disappointed!
    Yes, it definitely didn't live up to her expectations...

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment.