Pages

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Picture, picture on the wall

Choref tov, Our Shiputzim fans!

Well, that’s it. After weeks of erev yom tov/yom tov/chol hamoed/erev Shabbat/Shabbat (repeat ad infinitum), today brought us back to real life.

[I suppose that in Our Shiputzim-speak that would be BTRLHITRLEOOB (back to real life here in the real life equivalent of our blog). And to our readers who asked if these acronyms are meant to be pronounced, I can only say: “Not exactly” – which may or may not be Heblish, as in לא בדיוק. That is, “not exactly” certainly sounds fine to me, but I have a strong suspicion that it isn’t really English. Please feel free to weigh in on this issue - or any other, of course - in the comment section.]

But I digress.

As YZG and I headed back to our respective jobs and in addition to slowly beginning to tackle the mountain of laundry, we all turned our sights on the numerous and assorted projects which had been scheduled for that nebulous period known colloquially as אחרי החגים (“after the holidays”).

Among other things, YZG drilled some holes in the wall for screw anchors (that’s דיבלים for the Hebraically-oriented among you) so that AMG could hang up some pictures in her room.

Here are two pictures that she painted herself:

IMG_3749

IMG_3750

And that’s about it for now.

Have a good night from the entire Our Shiputzim staff.

14 comments:

  1. Nice pictures.
    I would have to say that Not exactly is a standard english usage.
    A quick search through google shows multiple instances of someone asking a question and responding "Not Exactly"

    So I think you're OK there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, YT.
    See you tonight I"YH.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AMG, Very nice pictures. Are they done with acrylic paints or what?

    Mrs. S., You will be happy (or maybe not) to hear that I figured out what to wear tonight that doesn't repeat the previous two weddings. You may say you've seen it before, but you will admit that it wasn't at a T-wedding which is the important issue here.

    See you tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You will be happy (or maybe not) to hear that I figured out what to wear tonight that doesn't repeat the previous two weddings.
    Whew! That IS a relief...
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely paintings. I have mountains of laundry, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. YT, Savta, and Leora - Thank you.

    I used oil paint.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, those are very impressive pictures.

    It is hard to tell from here but did AMG sign her name in the picture? Definitely deserving.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Leora: Of course, the thing about laundry is that it's never done. After all, the clothes one wears while DOING the laundry will eventually need to be washed as well...
    :-)

    Jameel: שבת שלום ומבורך

    BAYCB: We enjoyed seeing you guys tonight. How was your drive home?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Be All You Can Be and Superraizy, thank you very much!

    ReplyDelete
  10. gorgeous pictures
    I have pictures to hang. I brought back a couple my aunt did about 60 years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Batya -
    I brought back a couple my aunt did about 60 years ago.
    Those must be very special pictures!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment.