Pages

Sunday, January 18, 2009

The joys of politics-free blogging

Fortunately, this is a politics-free blog.

Why is that fortunate?

Because otherwise, I’d have to rage against the ridiculous travesty known as the “cease fire”. (As many others have said, “we cease; they fire”…)

But, since I don’t do politics, I can keep my opinions to myself and avoid disagreeable and depressing topics.

Instead, I can talk about pleasant things, like:

YAT’s bar mitzvah – B”H we had a wonderful time. The kids enjoyed playing with their cousins; YAT did a great job; and YAT’s parents went out of their way to ensure their guests’ comfort. And the best part is that I not only came up with some more material for my next Heblish post, but I began negotiations for an upcoming guest post from a very unexpected source. (Watch this space for further details.)

A blogging honor – Thank you to my friend Leora premio-dardos-award1for giving me a very special award. It’s called the Prémio Dardos Award, and according to the description, “The Prémio Dardos is given for recognition of cultural, ethical, literary, and personal values transmitted in the form of creative and original writing. These stamps were created with the intention of promoting fraternization between bloggers, a way of showing affection and gratitude for work that adds value to the Web”. I’m truly honored to have received this blogging nod from Leora, whose blog represents all the award’s underlying ideas.

Have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment.