Pages

Monday, April 27, 2009

A year of blogging

“Here we go...”

I wrote those words exactly one year ago*, and thus, the Our Shiputzim blog was born.

As some of you know, I’d been toying with the idea of jumping into the blogging fray, and our home renovations provided me with just the excuse I needed.

I figured I would blog for the construction’s duration and that would be that.

Yet, to my surprise – and to some of my relatives’ utter bewilderment – by the time the renovations were completed, I was hooked.

It’s not just about the writing (although that does play a big part, of course). It’s also about the new and interesting people I’ve met and the friendships I’ve made.

On a related note, now would be a good time to thank all of you for reading and commenting.

In addition, I would like to thank YZG and our children for not only tolerating but even enabling my blogging habit. (Who? Me? Addicted?! What do you mean? I can stop at any time. Really, I can)

And before this post descends into over-sentimental and therefore decidedly-untypical territory, here are some of the more amusing searches which led to this blog:

The search termMy comments
growing broccoli in israel ---
aliyah pregnant Been there, done that.
reason for aliyah ---
how to choose a pet goat in israel Is it really any different than choosing a pet goat anywhere else?
one-and-a-half day yontif israel ---
what is a good snowball game to play in the computerThis one, obviously.
virtual online goat games for kids ---
mendel the mouse …is second to none.
may hashem be with you Amen.
how to say the funeral kiddush [sic]
the four questions in heblishI’d love to see this!
my time is now להורדה ---
kneidlach jokes smile_teeth
Here’s to another year…

________

* The consensus arising from this post was that we should observe the secular date this year only. B”N, from now on, we’ll mark the Hebrew date (i.e. Isru Chag of Pesach).

5 comments:

  1. mazel tov! many more years of happy blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy your blog!! Keep blogging.

    It's funny how I have no idea when I started. Of course I can look in my archives, but it's like once I started it became like breathing. That does sound weird. Maybe it's because I had never seen a blog before I began blogging.

    If you're really brave, you'll look at my early posts on both blogs and understand what I mean. Or maybe you shouldn't, because you'd never read me after seeing what I used to write.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rafi G. - Thanks, and the same to you too!

    Batya - Thank you for your kind words! I suspect that the more one blogs, the more one's writing tone and style evolves and develops...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep blogging! You have a great wit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you very much, Leora. Happy Yom HaAtzma'ut to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment.