Pages

Monday, August 10, 2009

‘Tis the season (Mwahahaha…)

To the dismay of children everywhere (but to their parents’ secret delight), the call of the school bell grows ever louder.

Thus, last week, the Resident Ulpanistit graciously took stock of our textbook and school supplies inventory and compiled a list of the things which we were still missing.

The next step was to buy a number of second-hand books, and then we placed an order for the rest this morning. (Here in Israel, most schools don’t provide the books.)

And here are our purchases from a recent sale at a local stationery store:

IMG_5923 As always, click on the picture for a closer look. 

For comparison’s sake, here’s a link to the First Annual Our Shiputzim School Supplies Post: A notebook on the floor is worth two in the knapsack (or something like that).

Have you done your school supplies shopping yet?

7 comments:

  1. Have you done your school supplies shopping yet?

    No, nada, zilch, haven't. Uh, oh, I got school forms that are due today! Thanks for reminding me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leora - School forms! Thanks for reminding me. Now if I could only remember where we put them...
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The supplies look very much like what my students could get.
    They can also get second-hand books. Books are free and provided by the school until the kids get to high school where parents have to pay for them.
    As for me it is time I thought about my own supplies. I enjoy getting them while on holiday so they are different from everybody else's and they remind me of more relaxed times.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As a mother, that's long past, but since I'll be subbing as a teacher, I have to restock those supplies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ilana-Davita - Souvenirs that you can actually use - what a great idea!

    Muse - Is there a stationery store in your area? Or do you do your shopping in Yerushalayim?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Where do you get your used books? I started "browsing"--trying to figure out where I'll get the biggest bang for my shek.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Baila - Over the past few weeks, our local email group has been inundated with notices about people buying and selling their school books. (The accepted practice is to sell the books at 50% off the list price.) In addition, the bookstore where we ordered the rest of the books offers some used books.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment.