Pages

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Fauna Friday: Frog Edition

In general, I try to hold on to the few remaining shreds of my semi-anonymous status.

But nevertheless, every so often, I’ve willingly divulged a number of personal details.

For instance, I readily admit that back in high school, I was NOT voted, “Most likely to blog about various reptiles and amphibians…”

Open-mouthed

Which is very ironic, of course, considering the fact that there are few (if any) J-bloggers who’ve written more posts about said creatures than I have.

After all, four – yes, four!!! – lizards (namely, a chameleon, an agama, a skink, and a gecko), a tortoise, and even a toad have all slunk/crawled/crept their way on to this blog.

And as if that’s not enough, they’re about to be joined by yet another amphibian friend.

Which one, you ask? Here’s a hint… :-)

In honor of Sefer Shmot (which we’ll IY”H begin reading this coming Shabbat), here are some shots of the frog (i.e. צפרדע – tzfarde’a, for the Hebraically-oriented amongst you) which decided to, er, hop over for a brief visit during our recent Chanukah weekend in Avnei Eitan.

Note that when I say “decided,” I obviously mean that it was gently encouraged to come in out of the rain by several members of the extended Shiputzim family. (No, not me…).

As always, feel free to click on the pictures for a closer view. (Although I can’t imagine why you’d want to…)

IMG_6451IMG_6453I assume I don’t need to tell you that it isn’t my hand in the second picture?

Open-mouthed

!שבת שלום ומבורך

6 comments:

  1. Toby - Are you sure we're looking at the same picture? ;-) Shavua tov!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I admit, I have never written a post about an amphibian.

    I have fond memories of catching (and then letting go of) little frogs in the Laurentian mountains with my husband and my nieces (yikes, they are young women now - one is a famous blogger in Norway).

    Shavua tov!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leora - When it comes to amphibians, reptiles, and other creatures, I confess that I leave any and all "catching (and then letting go of)" to YZG and the kids... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never see frogs around here. I wonder why.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ilana-Davita - YZG would tell you that's yet another reason to make aliyah... :-)

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment.