Pages

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Around the J-Blogosphere

The first load of laundry is in. The relevant people have gone off to shave. And the kids are getting ready to go swimming.

All in all, a typical 10th of Av after chatzot…

Laughing out loud

Meanwhile, several items of interest or note:

1) A hauntingly beautiful recording of Rav Soloveitchik zt”l singing “Eli Tzion” on Tisha B’Av 1978 with his students:

2) The latest Haveil Havalim is available here. Special thanks to Batya for including my post about exemptions from IDF service.

3) The latest Kosher Cooking Carnival is available here. Special thanks to Yosefa for including my chocolate chip oatmeal bars.

נחמו נחמו עמי.

6 comments:

  1. I've never heard of the Rav z"l as someone who sang or sang with his students ... beautiful.

    Swimming, oh, yeah. That will be nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leora - As soon as the clock struck chatzot :-) , some of the Shiputzim kids were out the door on their way to the pool...

      Delete
  2. Thanks so much for including HH and KCC.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Batya - My pleasure! Thanks for all your hard work keeping them going!

      Delete
  3. Your blog was awarded the Liebster Prize.  For more information and how to respond, here are the details me-ander: Awarded By and To...
    ps I'm just passing on the favor.  I hope you enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Batya! B"N, I'll try and respond (to you and to Leora, who tagged me as well) some time this week.

      Delete

Feel free to leave a comment.